Meeting Role Guides
Every role within a club meeting has a set of guidelines, some also have some templates. These can all be found in the Harbord Diggers Toastmasters Club Assignment Guide which is accessible here.
Tips & Tricks
- Delivering effective evaluations – This document outlines key considerations when delivering an evaluation. It also details some of the different ways to evaluate and provides some useful templates.
- Table Topics & Impromptu Speaking tips – This provides you with some guidance on what to be mindful of when delivering a Table Topic response, we learn that we can prepare in advance, plus there are also some tips for evaluators.
- Gestures – A quick two pager to educate you on different aspects of body language and gestures.
- Delivering a humorous speech – Some need-to-knows when preparing a humorous speech
Pathways Learning Program Resources
Pathways is the name of the Toastmasters learning program that we work through in club meetings.
- Choose your path on www.toastmasters.org watch a step by step youtube video
- How to open up and complete your first project, watch a step by step youtube video
- How to mark a level as complete, step by step youtube video
- The information above is also available in more detail in PDF form – link here
Toastmasters International produces a range of other instructional documents, you can access these by clicking on the links below.
- Pathways overview – high level summary of what Pathways is, plus the ability to explore the different paths in further detail.
- Toastmasters Navigator – PDF booklet that details how Toastmasters works, including club meetings, the Pathways programs, evaluations, and how to stretch yourself further
- Pathways FAQs – Answers to some common questions you might have about Pathways
- Icebreaker Project – The guide for the first speech every new Toastmaster delivers (in PDF form)
Toastmasters clubs run two competitions each year, the first is the International Speech and Evaluation contest at the beginning of the year, the second is the Humorous Speech and Table Topics competition in the second half of the year.
The winners at the club level proceed to higher levels and compete against other Toastmasters clubs.
To prepare for a competition, please consider reviewing some of the following resources
- International Speech Preparation
- Tips for writing a humorous speech, handout one and handout two
- Masterclass Table Topics Educational on YouTube
- Evaluation from a contest perspective
Other Free Resources
There are plenty of great places to source additional information, Some of our favourites are: